Sunday, July 23, 2006

What a great job!!


Softball update....We finished 3rd in the state!!! Not a bad acccomplishment, I would say.

Now, it's time to get focused on school. I am going up on Tuesday to check things out and see exactly how much work I have to do in the next two weeks. I will start making a list of the things that need to be done. I am going to try to do a little at a time, so I don't get so overwhelmed. I usually do that to myself each year and this year I am not going to let myself get all stressed. I'm not, I'm not!!!! I also will get my first look at my class list. Because I am a looping teacher, I start over every two years with a new class. This is the year for that. I have prayed about these kids already. I know God will place on that list the kids who need me most. We will be meant for each other. Even those difficult kids will be with me for a reason. It's for me to teach them to read and count and add and subtract numbers, but it's more than that. I have the responsiblity to be a good example for them. They have to learn to get along well with each other. They have to learn that they have to follow rules and that there are consequences for not. They are so funny..I can hear them saying things to each other that I say. They sure keep me accountable.

That is the exciting part about starting over this year... getting to know a new group of kids and their families and seeing the growth in each one over the next two years. After all the years of teaching(13), it's still a great job!!

Maybe I am looking forward to going back to school...maybe!!

Sandy C

No comments: