Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Tour Of Homes

Wade and I built our humble home about 5 years ago. It sits on almost 6 acres. Wil and Mollie's show heifers graze in the pasture out back. We also have 2 dogs (including a 12 year old Bassett Hound named Webster), and too many cats to mention. I took these pictures in the evening, so I couldn't show the yard or all the pets.


This is the family room. As you can see, we do spend actual "family" time in here. Wil, as usual, is doing his own thing, but at least he is in the room with everyone else. Mollie, as usual, is sitting with her daddy. She is probably trying to talk him into letting her do something that I have denied her.


Here is the kitchen. The cooking appliances don't see a lot of action. I only cook out of necessity and certainly not out of pleasure. On top of the cabinets, you can see my collection of vintage lunch boxes. I have about 25. Most of them I have found on Ebay. I collect the ones that remind me of things from my childhood. I have a Strawberry Shortcake-this was my sister's favorite toy. I have a great Sesame Street one with Bert and Ernie. I love watching that show before I started school. My favorites are my Holly Hobbie lunch boxes. I have 2. That was my favorite doll. I played with her and her friends all the time. Over on the cabinet, you will find more Ebay stuff. It is a vintage Lustro-Ware red, canister set. That is one of my best finds yet!




Here is where we eat! We try to spend dinner time together as a family almost every night. Wade and I think this is one of the most important times of the day with Wil and Mollie. I grew up in a family where this time was cherished and so many memories where made. Hopefully, the kids will continue this with there families sometime down the road. Also, over to the right of the table, you can see yet another great Ebay find. It is a unbelievable vintage 1950's era red metal, rolling tea server.

That's it! I realize the places I have shown revolve around family time. I didn't do that on purpose, I guess that is just what fills my mind when I am at home. It is our home and I love it!!

Sandy C

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Lovely home. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Great tour! Love your kitchen and that table....the lunch boxes look so fun, what a neat idea. Thanks for sharing your home.

Anonymous said...

The front door is crooked.

Carole Burant said...

Thanks so much for the tour:-) You have a lovely home and it's filled with warmth and love! I just love your lunch box collection...I'm also into ebay...don't know if that's a good thing! lol Take care and thanks again:-)

Anonymous said...

I think we might have the same kitchen cabinets and apliances.

Shawna said...

Very pretty home! Love your choice of colors! Thanks for having me.

Shalee said...

Wow, you built your own home. That is something that not everyone will get to do. And we feel the same about dinner time too. It's a time for everyone to relax and enjoy the food and the company!

Thanks for sharing your home with us.