Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Maybe, just maybe, he is listening

Wil isn't known for his ability to pay attention. You can tell him to do two things, like put his dirty clothes in the hamper and put his shoes in his closet. I'm thrilled if the shoes are in the hamper and the dirty clothes are put in the closet. Wade gets extremely impatient sometimes if he doesn't get things done in a timely manner. There have been many learning experiences out at the barn taking care of the animals, if you know what I mean. Wil tends to do things sort of half way, but after the conversation he and Mollie had today, maybe he's actually growing up and taking some of our guidance to heart.

I ask both of them to go pick up the playroom. I wanted them to do it together without fighting. (right!) Mollie was rushing around and I believe she was throwing things into the closet and this was the conversation I overheard.

Wil: Mollie do it right!

Mollie: I'm in a hurry to it get done, WIL. (with just a hit of sarcasm in her voice)

W: The quickest way is not always the right way or the best way.

M: Who have you heard that from? I know you didn't come up with that on your own.

W: Dad.

M: Finally...you listen to something daddy says.

There was more to the conversation, but it went down hill from there. It had to do with name calling, agitation, and the general attitude those two usually have towards one another. The room was picked up and they did a great job together.

So, Wade, just so you know, he's listening! He's really listening! Now if only I could find all his dirty clothes!

Sandy C

No comments: