Monday, June 11, 2007

The grass is not always greener

First of all, I will lay it all out on the line...I HATE TO SWEAT!
Especially, when I'm sweating underneath my knees...that drives me nuts.

This distaste I have for sweating is one of the reasons I don't exercise much, the reason I prefer my hair short(which it's not right now!), the reason I would rather stay inside for lunchtime cafeteria duty with 40 Kindergartners than have recess duty during the beginning and the end of the year when it's 100 degrees outside, and the reason that I'm inside the house in the air conditioning right now instead of outside doing absolutely anything that might even make me sweat. Call me a wimp!!! I'm fine with that label.

I say all this to let you know what Mollie and I just had to endure. She has a show heifer. Tammy Wynette is her name! Don't ask!!!! She's a little crazy and has had to be drugged with a human psychotic drug on more than one occasion. She may be crazy, but she's smart!! She can figure out how to get out of the fence and out of the round metal corral! Wade and Wil have done everything they can do to keep her in the barbed wire out in the pasture. We finally put her back into the metal corral and she managed to break the panel apart and get out this morning. When Mollie and I got home she was in the field next door. You know the saying the grass is greener...well that's not the case here. She is much better off at home. Anyway, I walked down to her with a piece of pvc pipe and a bucket of feed. By the time I reached her the sweat problems had started. It's only because its 95 degrees and the humidity is about 400%! I tried to trick her into following me with the food. She wasn't having it. I then got behind her and walked her down the fence and turned her into our yard. She took off running and ended up at the gate. Good sign..I thought! Mollie poured out feed while I tried to fix the corral so I could put her into the stall with a door. That didn't happen. She came into the pasture and took off running. Picture this...I have on my denim city shorts, a cool sequined tank top, my turquoise and red necklace and Justin work boots. A might fine picture, if I say so myself. I thought at one point I had her cornered and on the way back to the corral. She thought otherwise and ran down the fence into the other side of the fence with the other cows. That's when I gave up. I did put my hair up before I came out, but I had sweat pouring down my neck, behind my KNEES, and on my forehead. Tammy Wynette is not worth me losing that much sweat. I just let her go. I'm sure right now she is over again checking if the grass is greener on the other side. Remember Tammy, it's not!!!

Sandy C

No comments: