Monday, November 13, 2006

With Thanksgiving

After reading Toni's post about all she's thankful for, I thought I would make a list of my own. I, too, was at the Thanksgiving Potluck dinner at our church. We went around the table and each person in our small group told what they were thankful for and couldn't repeat what someone else said. It was easy at first and then the men got silly. So after golf clubs, garage door openers, etc. we realized how lucky we all are. So here's my list...

1. I am thankful for my husband. His laughter and sense of humor are contagious. He makes me laugh and he also can make me angrier than any other human being. I love him, anyway!

2. I am thankful for two healthy children who constantly challenge my patience but give me so much pride.

3. I am thankful for my parents who taught me early on in life what a relationship with Christ was all about. They are also passing their faith and prayers onto all 7 grandchildren.

4. I am thankful that Wade and I have good jobs and enjoy our work.

5. I am thankful for the 18 children that I teach everyday. They are each special in their own way.

6. I am thankful for my in-laws. They love our children!!

7. I am thankful for our large "small" group at church. Each member has been such a blessing to me in the past 3 months. We have gotten to know each other in a special way. It's great to have such a support group who share your faith.

8. I am thankful that our church has such a vision for missions and that Wade and I have the opportunity to share in that work.

9. I am thankful that we live in America with freedom to worship God, choose our leaders, and do pretty much what we want.

10. I am thankful for my friends at school. These friendships are tied together with a love for our profession as well as respect and love for each other.

11. I am thankful for our Sunday School Class. It's wonderful to go into a class and come out a better person just for being there.

12. I am thankful for my sisters. We have a close relationship. We don't always agree with each other's decisions in life, but we love each other.

13. I am thankful for my 7 nieces and nephews. They are all such blessings!

14. I am thankful for my extended family, which is considerable. I can't wait until Christmas Eve when we will fill our house with aunts, uncles and cousins for a wild game of Chinese Christmas.

15. I am thankful for our home.

16. I am thankful that Wade and I are able to support our kids' hobby of showing heifers. The experiences we have had with Wil and Mollie and the friends we have made are priceless.

17. I am thankful that I am a Texas Aggie, Class of '92.

18. I am thankful for Diet Coke! I am even more thankful if it has a lime.

19. I am thankful that I have grown up in small town America and was able to return after college.

20. I am thankful that my parents and Wade's parents live very close.

21. I am thankful for Ebay. It has changed my shopping experience.

22. I am thankful that Wil got all B's on his report card! Mollie got all A's.

23. I am thankful for having the entire week of Thanksgiving out of school this year.

24. I am thankful for Chris Tomlin. I love his music!

25. I am thankful for God's grace, mercy and forgiveness.

There's my list. Where's yours?

Sandy C.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you too. And, I am glad I keep you off high center by making you laugh and angry. What fun would it be if you only tread the middle ground in marriage. Very good blog.

Anonymous said...

I know you are Crazy about me. After all im a pretty A-M-A-Z-I-N-G niece. What can i Say! Loveyou

Anonymous said...

I am thankful also for my sisters. I have to keep you on your toes with medical issues, Ha! Ha!. It is great to have such a great family...Love you, Marlette