Thursday, June 15, 2006

My Baby is growing up!


Today I finally realized my son, Wil, is growing up before my very eyes. We sent him off to youth camp! This will mark the first time he has had an extended stay away from home without the rest of the family. He was sooo excited!! I was excited for him, but it didn't make it any easier for me. He will be 13 in about a month and it seems like only yesterday that his whole world revolved around Thomas the Tank Engine and eating Little Debbie's Chocolate Cupcakes.

I figured out this morning that he is still not old enough to be embarrassed by the affection shown to him by his mother in public. As we were walking up the sidewalk I hugged and kissed him goodbye. Still having issues with the leaving him at the door scenario, I walked him inside the building and hugged and kissed him again. Poor boy! Wade, Mollie and my mother were also close behind. Anyway, without hesitation he hugged and kissed me good bye again. I love his big hugs! I thought about that after we left, are we embarrassed to show God's love in public? Do those around us know that we love Jesus? Whatever the answer, without hesitation, He loves on us!!! WOW!! Thanks Wil for reminding me of that so clearly.

When he gets home on Monday, I am sure he will be full of stories, have a very tired body, and hopefully have a heart filled with Jesus! I am so proud of him!

Sandy C

Now if he only remembers that swimming in the lake at camp does not constitute a bath!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok--a few tears in my eyes on that one. Very sweet! and so true!
Tammy