Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I am gleaning!!!!

I have stepped out and decided to give this blog thing a try. I chose the title gleaning for my blog, because I hate that word. For whatever reason, my husband, Wade, uses the silly word all the time. Now it has just become a huge joke that drives me nuts. He first used the word several years ago when we were attending another church. He was teaching our class and he used it to summarize the lesson. You have to know Wade-I was shocked to here him use such a "fancy" word. I didn't say anything about it, but he used it again a few weeks later. That is when I finally had to confess the issues I had over the use of the word. I don't know what it is about the word--it may be the sound of it, but, to tell the truth I think it's the fact that Wade uses it. He is a very intelligent agricultural banker, but to hear him say it, just doesn't seem right. After we moved to FBC Athens and started attending a small group, he used the dreaded word one night. I just mentioned to our group the hang up I have about the word. Several weeks later, we are going through our bible study and there it was--in print!!! Everyone had a big laugh over it and now it is a big inside joke. I think seeing it in print made Wade feel validated in some strange way.

I do love my ag banker and his silly words.

S Carter

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leave it to Wade to use such a word!!!!!
Marlette

Anonymous said...

Too funny. I thought, at first, that he may have been making-up that word--little did I know that Wade was just improving my vocabulary. I am looking forward to new "gleanings"from you.
Tammy

Anonymous said...

It is just great to be loved! And as for this blog, I think you did well. I will spend the balance of the morning ASSIMILATING what I have read and trying to DISSEMINATE the true content of the written ORATION.
The Husband, wade