Friday, November 02, 2007

The football player and the floor of a movie theater

Halloween has come and gone for another year. My kids have always been known for their costumes. My mother in law is a great seamstress, so we have always had an array of costumes. Wil has been a cowboy, a knight, a scarecrow and my favorite, a bumble bee when he was 3 months old. Sugary cuteness! Mollie has been a flower(inside a flower pot) a 20's flapper, a cowgirl and my favorite for her was a little 50's girl with a poodle skirt and her daddy's class ring around neck. Precious, precious, precious.

This year, much to my surprise, Mollie announced she wanted to be an Aggie football player. She already had a 12th man jersey and cleats. A friend, who is a football coach, got her some football pants. We painted under her eyes and she was ready. Take a look...


Wil came in several weeks ago and said he wanted to go as the floor of a movie theater. After a few WHAT?s He had a plan. He got a black t-shirt and glued all kinds of items that one could find on the floor of any local cinema. He had cups, greasy napkins, chewed gum, popcorn, movie tickets, candy wrappers and boxes, and crumpled pickle holders. It was the funniest thing to see him so excited. I ask him where he got the idea and he said he saw it on a TV show. He gets the award of originality, don't you think? Take a look at him.


Funny kids, funny ideas. I love them both to pieces!

Sandy C

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you, Uncle Wade and those kids more than anything =)

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.