Friday, May 18, 2007

Random tidbits

Just a couple of random items going on in our life.

1. Wil's first show heifer, Pepper, had twin heifer calves this week. I got on line and apparently your chances of that happening are about 1 in 4000. Wil's opinion of it all..."I just drew the lucky number." He has named them, because of course every animal at our house has a name, Bonnie and Betty. Cute,cute, cute!!

2. There are only 3 days of school left!!!! Today was the last Monday. We've had a really good year. I'm very proud of all the progress my kids have made and I will have them again next year for 1st grade. That's such a great thing, because I won't have to train them at the beginning of next year. I also already know how smart they are and where to start with instruction.

3. Softball has started again for Mollie. She is on the same team that she was in the playoffs with last year. However, the team name has changed. Instead of the Diamonds, they are Team Inferno. She's doing well. Hitting hard and driving in RBI's.

4. On Friday, Wil and I leave for another mission trip in Mexico. I'm very excited about going. I'm looking forward to Wil and I working together. I'm apprehensive and nervous about what's in store. However, I know that some of your best blessings come from things that are not always easy. I'll post about it when we get back.

5. Summer is upon us and I can't wait. We've got so many things going on. I guess I should say the kids have a lot going on. Wade and I will either be chauffeur or spectator.

6. My parents will be married 42 years tomorrow. I'm so glad they are my parents. I'm so lucky!!! Papa and Cookies love their grandkids and just like when my sisters and I were growing up, they will pray them through life. I know that's how I survived my teenage years. Happy anniversary Mom and Dad!!

See you after Mexico.

Sandy C